Pete's Place Audio Electrodyne 511 Equalizer
Electrodyne 511 Equalizer
The Electrodyne 511 is a classic two-band discrete transistor reciprocal active inductor equalizer using early ’70s design technology. The custom inductors and output transformer are made by Electrodyne’s original maker to strict factory manufacturing tolerances as small as 2%. This allows consistent eq performance and repeatability from channel to channel that was not possible in the 60,s. Smooth performance and eq response from minimum to maximum gain at all frequencies, provides unusually broad sonic and tonal options not experienced since the 1970s.
- Input: Active balanced discrete transistor impedance converter.
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- +/-12 db gain range: Equalize or Attenuate
- 4 frequencies selectable per band. LF: 40, 100, 250, 500hz. HF: 1.5k, 3k, 5k, 10k.
- Peak/Shelf function on each band. Shelving at all frequencies, Peaking at 250, 500, 1.5k, 3k and 5k.
- Distortion: 0.03%typical.
- Maximum output: +30db at less than 0.8%thd. (+29.5db at 0.06%thd)
- Frequency response: +/- 0.25db, 10hz to 70khz typical.
- Signal to noise: -85db typ
Video: Ken Hirsch on the history of Electrodyne
Video: Ken Hirsch introduces the Electrodyne 501 and 511
Video: Joe Barresi talks about the gear from Pete’s Place
Joe Ciccarelli likes his 501 and 511!