DrawmerMonitor Controllers CMC7 Compact Surround Controller
CMC7 Surround Controller
The CMC7 is a compact 8 channel / 7.1 / 5.1 surround volume controller and cost-effective alternative to the more complex and feature rich MC7.1. In order to maintain a compact format the CMC7 does away with controls that may often be found within your DAW. It concentrates on essential features such as ease of use and the quality of the signal path, ensuring that the audio is transparent and accurate across all channels.
The circuit design of the CMC7 ensures that the level matching of all 8 channels is consistent throughout the full range of the volume control. Other manufacturers’ surround controllers commonly use multi-ganged potentiometers to achieve the levels of the 8 channels and this is especially true of passive surround controllers. While this simplifies the circuit it leads to discrepancies in the level of each channel, especially at the lower and upper volumes, where accurate channel matching can vary wildly. The CMC7’s active circuit and high quality components eliminate any of these issues.
The 8 inputs and outputs are provided via two balanced 25 pin d-sub connectors wired to the Tascam standard. It allows for 8 independent channels, 5.1, 7.1, quadraphonic, DTS®, Dolby Digital EX,THX Surround EX™, DTS-HD™, Dolby Atmos®, etc. The setup is up to the user.
Activating the Stereo Mix switch will instantly bounce down the surround mix to a 2.1 signal into the front left/right monitors and sub-woofer, to easily test the quality of the recording in stereo. This eliminates the need to have a completely separate set of L/R monitors in addition to your surround monitoring setup. The CMC7 also has a professional quality stereo headphone output with a separate amplifier and level control. A DIM switch reduces output by 20dB and a MUTE switch is also available to cut the output completely.
- Ultra low noise and transparent circuit design.
- All 8 inputs and outputs are via 2 Tascam standard 25 Pin D-Sub connectors.
- Stereo mix down switch enables you to check the surround as a stereo mix, with an independent Sub switch controlling the LFE/Sub.
- Timed relay protection on all speaker outputs to prevent power up/down bangs.
- Large volume knob incorporating excellent channel matching and smooth feel.
- Independent headphone amplifier with individual level control, jack on rear panel.
- Kensington security slot (also called a K-Slot or Kensington lock).
- Very low profile desktop enclosure with small footprint.
- Rugged switches/components and all steel enclosure.
- Built by Drawmer in the U.K.
Product images (click to expand)
|Surround Input/Output||25-pin D-sub Connectors|
|Headphone Output||1/4" Stereo|
|THD & Noise||0.01% @ 0dBu|
|Frequency Response||20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.2dB|
|Phase Response||20Hz-20kHz +/- 2 degrees max|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||45 x 187 x 168mm/1.8 x 7.4 x 6.6in|