'60s Series 1968 MKII Tube/FET Compressor
1968 MKII Tube/FET Compressor
The 1968 MKII is a 1U Tube/FET ‘stereo bus’ compressor which by design delivers a transparent ‘open’ sound even during periods of heavy compression. Featured on both channels is a switchable ‘BIG’ or ‘BIGGER’ mode which applies less processing to the fundamental low frequency but still disciplines the upward associated harmonics which if untamed can result in a ‘boomy’ or ‘boxy’ sound. The result – a solid bottom end with enhanced sub-bass and a smoother, wider frequency response overall.
The 1968 MKII is a ‘stripped down’ version of the 1969 introduced to the market by customer demand for those not requiring the instrument and mic preamps incorporated in the 2U 1969.
“This unit pretty much stays strapped to my 2bus 24/7. And there hasn’t been a bass track nor vocal track that I’ve recorded all year that doesn’t have signal passing through this thing. Awesome piece of gear, gentlemen!” –Thai Long Ly
- 2 Channel Tube/FET Compressor
- 2 soft-knee compressors with variable threshold, attack, release and output gain
- Switchable BIG and BIGGER control on each channel
- Dual mono or true stereo link operation
- Side chain access and side chain listen facility
- VU metering of gain reduction and output levels
- Switchable +10dB mode on VU re-scales the meter for users working at ‘hot’ output levels.
- VU red warning glow to signify ‘approaching clipping’
- Balanced +4dB XLR in/outs