Bettermaker Mastering Limiter 2.0
Mastering Limiter 2.0
After countless hours of research in Bettermaker laboratories, it’s time for the next step. The modern legend has gotten even better, more powerful and more intuitive.
New mastering features, totally redesigned control screen and plugin, and presets from pro audio legends, the Limiter 2.0 is the ultimate tool to bring your music the final touch that it became famous for, but with extra kick.
Now, let’s look closer at what is new:
New improved Limiting Engine
New intuitive GUI and DAW plugin
Wide angle, high contrast screen
Limiter gain reduction range
Faster release time
Redesigned color section with color MS matrix
Limiter sidechain with highpass filter and high frequency emphasis
New, redesigned Clipper section
The sound of the Limiter 2.0 is of course based on the quality of its hardware design but all the control and user interactions are performed in the digital domain.
This allows us to incorporate options and possibilities not found in any standard analog limiter:
– Save and recall presets
– Instant reset of all parameters
– Rapid, precise and repeatable adjustments
– Precisely linked stereo operation with the ease of a single control
– DAW automation
– Comprehensive metering operations based on high quality A/D conversion and DSP
The digital section of the Mastering Limiter is based around two high speed, 32- bit micro-controllers, with dedicated Main features.
The Limiter has 3 functionalities that are essential to make a perfect master.
All of them are recallable by the internal memory and a plugin that also handles automation.
Analog Mastering Limiter 2.0
– 100% analog signal path
– intelligent, manual and BPM release
– new sidechain mode with HPF and MID Boost section
– variable mix between limiting and clipping
– new redesigned clipper section with 2 independent clipper sections and trim
– flexible link mode for compensating input and output level
– New redesigned color section with MS matrix
– Two color modules introducing different saturation that can be used simultaneously
– Color 1 with Majority of odd harmonics
– Color 2 with Majority of even harmonics
– Both color sections can be internally EQed so for example you can present more odd harmonics in the low end to give the mix more bite and sweeten the highs with the even harmonics at the top end.
Metering, an additional screen in your studio. As it’s a touchscreen it also utilizes control functions of the Mastering Limiter. You can view your favourite set of stats.
– Input, output and reduction
– Analog style meters (VU, PPM, RMS, Peak with peak hold functionality)
– LUFS (Short term, Integral, Loudness Range, view in time)
– K metering
– 30 Band FFT analyzer
– Correlation meter
– Two points of measurement, the output of the Limiter or the plugin
– and more…
The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter 2.0 got brand new DAW plugin for all major platforms. It can communicate with your DAW via USB connection. The unit appears as a HID device and can be managed via Bettermaker Mastering Limiter Plugin.
|Maximum gain reduction:||20dB|
|Input adjust range:||0..+20dB|
|Output adjust range:||-10..+12dB|
|Makeup gain:||automatic with trim (-/+8dB range; only available with clipper enabled)|
|Attack time:||0.1 – 250ms|
|Release time:||2ms – 2s + IREL (intelligent release)|
|sidechain HPF:||off or 20-200Hz (2nd order)|
|sidechain mid boost:||off or 8dB @ 2kHz or 7kHz|
|metering ADC range:||70dB|
|power saving mode available|
|mid/side mode available, true bypass (relays) available|
|connection:||balanced XLR (audio), USB type B (PC/MAC), 5.5/2.1 center positive 12V only socket|
|Maximum input level:||+24 dBu (balanced with 48kΩ input impedance)|
|Maximum output level:||+27 dBu (balanced with 50Ω + 50Ω output impedance)|
|Nominal audio level:||+4 dBu|
|Frequency response:||6 Hz – 27kHz (-0.5 dB, ISO-R40 sweep)|
|Frequency flatness:||+/- 0.1 dB (20Hz – 20kHz, ISO-R40 sweep)|
|Dynamic range:||107 dB (20kHz bandwidth, +24dBu)|
|THD+N ratio:||0.05 % (20kHz bandwidth, +4dBu, 1kHz)|
|THD ratio:||0.03 % (+4dBu, 1kHz)|
|CMRR:||> 80dB (20Hz – 20kHz, IEC 60268-3)|
|Crosstalk:||> 76dB (20Hz – 20kHz, +18dBu, channel to channel)|
|AC power consumption:||max 25W (<2W in standby, with included 100-240VAC power adapter)|
|2U enclosure, 230mm deep|
|Shipping weight and size:||5kg, 62x37x21cm|