Subwoofer Pros Details
Subwoofer Pros is a new brand of subs built to address and solve the following problems:
- subs are cheap and loud but too high in distortion
- subs are to large to fit into the control room
- subs are really designed for a very specific pair of “top” speakers, making them unsuitable for anything else.
- subs are actually live sound subs, designed to “throw” low end, not go deep.
- subs are missing bass management features for those who work in film and music.
- subs are not easily scaleable for those needing higher output levels
- subs do not link together for use in multiples around the room for smoothing out room modes
Subwoofer Pros offers a “best in class” solution to the problems outlined above.
- Our subs are not built cheap. They are all US sourced parts and US manufactured, built to survive in the studio for a long period of time. They play loud without distortion: a single Studio sub 12 offers up to 105dB SPL max in half space at 40Hz; our single Studio Sub 18 offer 113dB SPL max in half space at 40Hz. Suggested demo: listen to subs without the top speaker, listen to the sub alone, at a variety of output levels.
- Subwoofer Pros Subs are small: the Studio Sub 12 is only 15 inches high, 18 inches wide and 16 inches deep. All electronics and amps are built in to the back of the sub. A single 12 can fit on stand below your two way if desired (see picture to the right)
- Subwoofer Pros Subs are not designed to mate with just one speaker, they are designed to mate with just about any monitor on your meter bridge. Its better to think of Subwoofers Pros subs as specializing in everything below 100Hz.
- Our subs go deep, all the way to 8Hz! Since they are front loaded, they offer more placement options, 2.1 floor systems to “a sub for each monitor” stand mount multichannel system.
- Our subs offer three input options: standard input, LFE or 5 channels of Bass Management on board with built in 95Hz LP and HP filter set. The electronics pack on the back of the sub is fully analog, designed with features that don’t confuse or get a second engineer in trouble.
- Our subs have a slave output, so its easy to send an identical input signal to other subs in the room without a Y cord or patch bay. So if you need more SPL, just double the number of subs for every 3dB.
- Our subs slave output is also useful for those needing to smooth out LF room modes by distributing subs around the room.
Subwoofer Pros subs are the preferred way to achieve studio grade low end support regardless of monitor brand. Choose the Studio Sub 12 for smaller monitors support and the Studio Sub 18 for larger monitors. Both sound quite similar with the main differences being max SPL output. A single Studio Sub 18 is noticeably louder than a single Studio Sub 12. But if space is a problem then multiple Studio Sub 12’s will get you more output and small size. If massive low end SPL is needed then multiples 18s are easy to implement. We even offer custom build sub solutions for even larger systems. Check out the Subwoofer Pros sub at the top pro audio retailers nationwide.
Subwoofer Pros Owner