Digital Management A2D2 AES Grade 1 Dual Output A/D Converter
Microphones are analog, speakers are analog, storage is mostly digital and signal processing can be either analog or digital, software or hardware based. At some point in the signal path, a high quality A/D converter is required, which faithfully reproduces analog signals in the digital domain. Step up to the new Drawmer A2D2…
The A2D2 is a stereo A/D converter giving simultaneous dual stereo outputs at different selectable sample rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz – so it is possible to have a main output at, say 192kHz with another at 44.1kHz as a low resolution copy.
- Accurate 24 segment peak reading LED bar meters shows incoming signal level from -50dBfs to 0dBfs plus separate overload LEDs.
- Dual input configuration allows either a fully variable input level from -2dBu to +28dBu via front panel rotary controls or 24 turn precision presets for a fully calibrated input.
- Each digital output has selectable word length of 16 or 24 bits, with automatic dither generation.
- The internal low jitter clock generator is Grade 1 AES standard.
- External clock input.
- 3 word clock outputs to allow the A2D2 to act as master clock generator.
- Burr Brown analog input stages.
- The A2D2 uses a linear power supply to minimise interference with the internal clocks.